5/5/14 – 10am Update

Just spoke to his pulmonary team and it doesn’t look like he is growing anything special on his throat culture. His respiratory rate is still fast, like it always has been, but they are hoping with all his extra treatments and antibiotics that it will slow down a bit. We are still waiting on his RSV culture to come back as well. It sounds like if Austin doesn’t have any significant improvement by Wednesday, they will more than likely do a bronchoscopy (put a tube deep down into his lungs to look at all the airways and get a good culture sample to grow).

We were unable to get his antibiotic dose changed to every 12 hours, but we will be able to disconnect him from his IV lines from 12:30pm until 6 pm everyday. That is all I got for now 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s